Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #98
Knight165
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Developer Insight: Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah, that stuff is not in there. I think the reasoning was not overwhelming gamers/not having enough time this year to put that stuff in correctly.

As they explained it, it pretty much sounds like it will be identical to how NBA 2K Today works. So we should get constantly updated rosters, lineups, and then obviously we will also get the day's pitching match-ups to mess around with etc. And then we should get the standings/stat overlays that mimic real life in exhibition games and then adhere to what's happening within your own franchise mode game.

Yeah I asked about this is as well. Basically anyone who qualifies as a Type A or B, is automatically a Type A or B since you do not have to go through the process of tendering a contract etc. to that player -- so there's no way for the player to turn down the contract and then obviously be tied to a first- or second-round pick if another team signs him.

This means any team who signs someone who is classified as a Type A or B automatically gives up the pick regardless of whether or not the player's old team tried to sign him. Again, the reasoning seems to be not wanting to overwhelm gamers/not having enough time this year to put that stuff in correctly.
Hmmm...some of this is disappointing.....but like I said...it's a start.
Thanks Chase.

M.K.
Knight165