View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
KeMiKaL
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - My Player, Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is a behind the player view as well, and you do run to a spot,l which you have to in My Player as well, since you can clearly see a marker in the picture.

The insight was thin on the information, and had more marketing in the sentence structure. I wish it was more in depth, and hopefully a review or hands on can cover it more.
in 2k's my player you dont run to a spot on the field. you follow the ball and catch by your judgement as described in the insight.

i was wondering ( just incase u mis-understood my question), if on rtts there is a marker on the ground that gets smaller and smaller, and you have to get under it to catch it, or is it more like 2k's mode will be?

to me the marker doesnt look like it was there for telling where the ball is going to land...

Quote:
When playing as an outfielder, you don’t just run to a landing indicator spot on the field, you actually see the path and the flight of the ball and track the ball in the air the entire time. It is very intuitive and works and feels exactly as you would expect it to. With the player perspective camera, fielding in our game is more immersive than it has ever been in any baseball video game.

Last edited by KeMiKaL; 02-21-2010 at 06:33 PM.