View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
KeMiKaL
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - My Player, Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It is going to be a riot to judge depth flight of a ball in a 2D flat image. (I know they are "3D" graphics, but there is no depth perception on a 2D screen you are looking at).

There is still a marker there, and thus I am more than positive said marker is to aid you to get to the ball position.

They mentioned nothing of that marker arrow, which Ia m sure isn't there for looks. I want to know what it does. Obviously it is ball flight, but the game has to lock the player in for the catch, or it is going to be a riot to watch.

As for the Show, there is a marker, but you don't really see it unless you are near it, there is an arrow, just like you see in 2K that shows the ball flight. And I am sure there is a "zone" for catching the ball and triggering animations as well. Just because they don't show you it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist under the hood.

It does not say there is NO landing indicator, just says you "just don't run to it", you see the flight. I am sure the landing indicator is still there, just out of view cause of the angle.
ok, i see wat u mean. hopefully we still get the chance to track the ball down without too much help. i want the experience to track the ball without too much aid.