View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #19
Pro Bowler
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Hell yea! I was reading the comments section from the gameinfromer preview and this is what the guy reviewing the game said...

I believe there was only one clutch moment at the beginning of your My Player career. And yes, you can play the entire game if you want to.

Edit: The guy from gameinfomer is using a Pitcher in My Player. So, i'm still not sure if you'll be able to play an entire game from other positions. This was the full question....

Hey Andrew, I've noticed all these "clutch moments" in my player mode. Is that all it's designated to, or can you play the whole game if it suits you? Also, if, say you're an outfielder, is the camera locked on the outfielder, or is it just the normal gameplay camera?

He never adresses the question concerning the outfield or camera view, but we know there is a fielding view for other position players. I'm just thinking that maybe since he's using a Pitcher it wouldn't require a lot of work to play an entire game since you would be using the regular pitching view that's already been in the game.

Well, i'm making a complete mess of this post but since i started i might as well finish it. The IGN arcticle clearly states that you're only presented with situations where the ball is hit to you while he's playing SS.

The game only presents situations where the ball is hit to you, and though that does take away the guessing of whether you'll need to react to a ball hit to your feet or play a different role in the defense, it did help move the game along. Let's hope there's some sort of option to be able to participate in every facet of a game or scale it back how you see fit.

If anyone could answer the question for sure if you can play an entire game from other fiedling positions it would be appreciated. The guy from IGN seems to be playing an older copy.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 02-22-2010 at 06:50 PM.