View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
jeebs9
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: How Can I Get My Shooters Clean Looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
My issue is that the recovery by the defense is too quick. They rotate over so fast that you can't even throw the pass to the open man fast enough to get him an open shot. Also the recovery when they go for pump fakes is ridiculously fast too. I'll pump fake and the man will jump for it and literally be able to jump a second time and block the shot when I try to shoot. How the physics of that work, I'm not sure. But I really would like to see slower recovery times and also like to see the CPU be more forgiving in what constitutes an open shot. I had this debate in another thread with Jeebs, and he disagrees with me (but I think it's primarily in our definitions of what constitutes a contested shot), but if you watch IRL, even mid level players like Nocioni or Stuckey or Salmons will knock down a shot with the defensive player running at them with a hand up. In 2k, that kind of defense seems to constitute a "well-contested shot" and they miss most of the time. I can't believe how many shots Rip Hamilton misses for me (or Charlie V for that matter) with the defender one step away and his hand up. IRL, that's an open shot for Rip and lots of other players. But in 2k that seems to be considered great D.
What are their SIT ratings?...Just asking...I don't know myself