View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
rm217
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Tecmo Bowl Throwback Interview (2D-X)

Reading this interview has me even more excited for this game! Let me list the reasons why.
  1. The original stats from Tecmo Super Bowl from the SNES. What this means is all we'll have to do is rename the players and bingo bango we'll have the true abilities of say an Emmitt Smith or a Joe Montana! Nice way to work around the whole players association license. 1993 rosters here I come!
  2. No super abilities from Tecmo Bowl Kickoff. Thank god! This to me took away some of the unpredictability of Tecmo Super Bowl. Instead of the super abilities I much rather they go back to the bad to excellent health conditions and let that take care of the super abilities side of the game. I always enjoyed the strategy of benching a star player because he was in bad condition and had a higher chance of being injured or fumbling and subbing in a bench player in excellent condition. The only football to this day where I actually sub in bench players manually.
  3. To my surprise one of my wishes for a future Tecmo Bowl is going to be answered in this version. That wish being the ability to use a zoomed in camera view during gameplay! I always wanted this option as to see more detail in the player animations. The zoomed in camera has another benefit because if you notice in the screenshots you can make out the numbers on the jerseys for the first time in a Tecmo Bowl game. Now only if Tecmo can give us the option of putting the players names on the back of there jerseys and I'd really forget about the lack of the players license.
  4. The producer stated more then one time how this game is going to stay true to the original Tecmo Super Bowl.
  5. Oh, and the fact that the game is going to be released very, very soon!

Last edited by rm217; 03-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.