View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #41
Bumble14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
How did you feel about the removal of the "sprint" button? I dont know if you play the EA NHL series but I love the way the analog stick, and ratings control how fast you move in that game.

Is the analog responsive enough to handle the lack of a sprint button? What I mean by this is if I see a hole can I jam the left stick up and the player will immediately start accelerating into his sprint?

Also, could you elaborate a little more on the new kicking meter?

Thanks for any feedback!

EDIT: When you say the pre-play controls were streamlined. Was it similar to the old PS2 pre-play controls? Those were infinitely better then what we have now.
It took me a while to stop pressing down on the RT for turbo, but I really like how it's implemented. As a semi "sim" guy I like how acceleration and speed bursts are determined by a players ratings vs. me spamming a button. The analog is very responsive, and the end result is a lot like NHL (speedier players are more responsive than grinders).

Kicking meter is a lot like a Tiger Woods putting meter. It's a horizontal bar that you click a button on when it hits the desired power. It's very basic and I was not able to see how it differentiated with different kickers. Quite honestly I am not that big of a fan, even though Ian explained that it was the best way to differentiate kickers.

The pre play controls are integrated to the right stick and then you are given a menu on screen a lot like NCAA's (visual circle telling you where to move the analog stick, etc.).
Advertisements - Register to remove