View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM   #19
TreyIM2
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 11 Article: Designer Talks playbooks, blocking (ESPN Videogames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Love what I'm seeing so far!!!

I'm still waiting to see what PS3 will look like because after all the nice vids that have been showcased in previous years, PS3 gamers quickly find out after buying that the smooth and vivid looks are from the 360 version. Please don't try and sell to me there's little difference between 720p and 1080p, because there is. With the PS3 version, colors aren't as crisp and sharp as the 360. So it would be nice to see what PS3 gamers are going to get, especially if presentation is going to be on of the big selling points.

It would be nice to what EA games would look like in 1080p for the PS3.

The blocking is awsome, I just wish the collision blocking would be more like the collision of runner/tackler and more guys hitting the ground (esp. OL vs LB's/DB's--smaller players getting mashed by OL happens alot) .

The blocking on the option is good to, but the animattion that would fit perfect would be last years leg tackle animation were the runners feet would be in the air. The crackback or cut-block is pivital to option blocking vs the drive block that's in all the vids so far.

I'm still buying to satisfy my itch for college footabll.
While I love 1080p, I just want EA to go deeper into the PS3 power but of course they won't. I don't know if they have 2 different teams to work on PS3/360 games but if they don't, they should yet I know current gen dev costs could prevent this. Playing to the strengths of each system would be a plus, especially for the PS3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
we've been over this. last year's reviews didn't say anything close to that and certainly didn't praise the game like we're hearing so far this year.
That's him and it isn't going to change. He's more of a critic than anything. I think in light of the fact that MULTIPLE sights are reaping praise on this game, the forever pessimistic mindset of many will never come to grips like how my boy STILL thinks Dr. J is the greatest of all time and used to constantly crap on Jordan. Lol.