View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
Stumbleweed
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Elite Interview (Gamespot)

"We will have the analog sticks visualized on the screen so you can see exactly what you are doing with the sticks. This will be set to on during the interactive tutorial, manual replay, and in one-on-one practice mode."

Nice little touch there...

"The shot is based on real life. You move the right stick up to start your shot and release it to release the ball. You have control of the accuracy and the distance. If you move the RS perfectly up to 12:00, your shot will go straight. If you miss left, the ball will go left. Miss it right and the ball will go right. When you release the ball will control the distance. Release early and the shot will be short. Release late and the shot will be long. The system is so realistic that you can do manual bank shots by purposely aiming left or right and a bit long."

People who hated the shot stick will really hate this, but I think it's a great way to reward manual dexterity and skill while also differentiating skilled NBA players from guys who can't shoot worth a damn (the Nash vs. Shaq FT windows for example). I'm all for it.

This game sounds extremely promising. I got burned again last year, but here I am again, waiting for the next crop of b-ball games. This sounds right up my alley though... excited to see how b-ball + physics turns out.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 06-02-2010 at 07:18 PM.