Old 06-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #23
Jano
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Elite 11 Impressions (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft

Jano we're not far apart, I am just harping on lets not go way over to the stick skills side and forget that this is basketball. When I was a kid there was a little game of table top basketball that had a vibrating court with holes in it. Inside the holes were these little spring loaded "shooters". The object was that as the ball rolled around and fell into one of these holes you had to trigger the shooter (kinda like pinball) to shoot the ball into the basket from that spot (the location of the hole). It required skill (lots of it) but not much basketball knowledge. I don't want to play that game anymore, you get my drift, LOL
Lol! I get you man that's why I'm hoping these guys at EA make sure that shooting in this game does require some knowledge of the player along with skills on the stick.

If someone is stupid enough to start jacking 3's with Shaq or shooting fadeaways 3's with Kwame Brown I'd like to HOPE that just like irl that is extremely difficult shot to settle for.

Those types of shots especially with players that have no business out there should be damn near impossible to time. And even if the player has the ability to shoot tough shots (fades, leaners, etc) they should still be difficult to time, due to the degree of difficulty.

With all the factors I read about in the Q&A I dont think "shot masters" will be too much of problem. This is definitely one of those games we are only going to be able to judge until we get are hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2

I've always felt that if these hoop games want to ensure that knowledge plays an equal part in success (ex:running plays) I feel that players who run and complete plays should get an ever so slight upgrade in chance % of shots going in compared to the iso monster who attempts to give it to Kobe everytime down and runs no semblance of an offense.
Great point right here Ninja and this is an area I can see the shot timing helping in. If you run plays you will have a higher chance of giving guys the ball in areas they can be successful in.

And since timing is going to be key here shooting the right type of shot will be important. If you run around shooting with Kobe all game you are going to have to put up a lot tough shots due to the defense which will make life that much harder for you.

I don't see how a player trying to jack shots with one guy will be able to beat one who knows how to run plays effectively. Especially if this years defensive controls are up to snuff this year.

Last edited by Jano; 06-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.