View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
simgamer0005
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: Walkthrough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
What I love is the stamina. You should be winded after trying all kinds of things and it should make you susceptible to being knocked out.

This is something that Fight Night 4 lacks. If you are drained...you should be extremely vulnerable to being knocked out.
This EA MMA has a quality to it rarely seen in sports games. This engine looks incredible and will be the main reason that I get a PS3. The MMA rings are huge and that really is awesome.

Another thing that this game has is a real-time clock. (not a double-time clock where the clock runs faster like UFC 2010)

A real-time clock is an important part of a MMA / boxing game yet many games don't have that. Fight Night had that but lacked the depth in terms of stamina and how you tire. EA MMA looks like it did a great job with stamina, punch impact, getting stunned, etc than any game i've seen. Add that to what looks to be decent blocking, punch and kick variety, and a good submission system, you are on the right path.

My one question is : Can you sway with your upper body to avoid punches like in fight night?