View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
catcatch22
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: F1 2010: Sim Meets Arcade in the Best Possible Way, Will Bratt Shows Us How It's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
I can't wait for the game, but I wish it was more than a racing game. As any f1 fan would know, the sport isn't just about racing, but also about building your own car. Each team has to design and build their own cars and they're always changing the designs. Just about every race the front wing has changed with a new aero part. I want to see an f1 capture this other 50% of f1 into a game.
YES! This is the biggest oversight with all the past F1 games. There needs to be a new engine that takes into account aero-packages in terms of building your car under the strict restrictions of the FIA.

Unfortunately I think that might be a technology that could only be possibly done through a pc interface. Also if many of the mi nut details that make creating these packages for each and every track and weather condition are not included it could lead to unusual designs that unrealistically take advantage of those shortcomings.

With that said that there is no reason they shouldn't try and do something outside the box even if it isn't totally sim.

EDIT - more thoughts ***

For years I wanted NASCAR games to add an engine building mode that allowed you to actually build engines of differing parts with varying draw backs. Sort of like a puzzle game trying to find that right combination for each track and weather condition to provide the necessary horsepower and engine life to succeed. With no right or wrong answer just different ways of accomplishing the same goal.

Last edited by catcatch22; 07-14-2010 at 03:33 PM.