View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Question for those unsatisfied with M11 but like NCAA11

From a general perspective, the spastic look of EA's football engine seems to match the college atmosphere far better than the NFL. In general, the teams truly feel different, and feel as though they play different. NCAA does not contain the horrid GameFlow, but a very nice hurry up offense play call screen (which I really liked). I have time to make adjustments in NCAA, not in Madden (everything was sped up). Prefer NCCA's use of buttons over the strategy pad (made for casual/new gamers). Utterly despise Madden's use of coins as an attempt to get us to pay more $$ simply to utilize features that should have been free (Scouting Reports). Better Online Franchise (from what I have heard), definitely a better team builder (I have used).

The 'new' locomotion, and I use that term lightly because I question how new it is when I see the same stride length from last year (not to mention there's no way they motion captured 4 yard stride lengths), has the same bugs in both games. The passing has the same issues in both games. The coverage has the same issues in both games. NCAA seemed to have a better tuned pocket, but I have always thought they had a better pocket, not by a lot, but noticeable.

NCAA feels more like a broadcast presentation. Still miles away from it, but definitely closer than what Madden has done. Both games have issues with camera angles. Both games put in their own take on presentation (ruining the immersion). Both games have poor commentary no banter and a TON of dead space.

To sum, I like NCAA better this year for the following reasons:
  • EA's Football Engines seems better suited to College Atmosphere
  • Presentation in NCAA is closer to Broadcast Presentation
  • LOVE NCAA 11's new strategy based recruiting Mini-Game
  • Better Team Builder (can use own logos)
  • Road to Glory is another Fun Mode (far superior to Super Star)
  • Was expecting bigger gameplay leap this year in Madden, instead they added GameFlow/GamePlan, Strategy Pad, increased their investment into their coin ecosystem by charging us for Scouting Reports and Live Madden Moments, and added 3vs3 online cooperative play (where I believe they may 'sell' boosts again).
NCAA seemed focus on making a better product. Madden seemed focused on watering down Madden to make it supposedly accessible to newer/casual players, and on things that had a direct ROI/Revenue stream attached to them such as Live Madden Moments, Scouting Reports, and 3vs3 online play where they sell the boosting bonuses. With Madden 11, it's easily clear that the revolution Ian promised us is officially dead.