View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #2
SeanDylan
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SeanDylan's Realistic Sliders [Custom]

Second game statistics:

(CPU) Seattle Seahawks (1-2) at (User) St. Louis Rams (2-1)

Score: Rams win 66-10 in a complete domination
Rams:
Total Offense: 409
Rushing Yards: 166
Passing Yards: 243
First Downs: 16
PR Yards: 98 (Avery gave me solid field position almost every time)
KR Yards: 148 (I broke one for a TD)
Total Yards: 655
Possession time: 12:02
Seahawks:
Total Offense: 281
Rushing Yards: 116
Passing Yards: 165
First Downs: 9
PR Yards: 1
KR Yards: 0
Total Yards: 282
Possession time: 11:58

Total plays: 147 (more what I'm looking for, compared to last game)

Passing:
S. Bradford - 117.6 17/32 243 YDS 53 COMP% 5 TD 7.5 AVG 44 Long
M. Hasselbeck - 30.4 14/34 171 YDS 41 COMP% 1 TD 3 INT 5.0 AVG 65 Long

Comparing the stats from the previous game to this it seems a bit weird. My QB rating stayed about the same but that's mostly because I threw for 5 TD's, my comp percentage went down from 73 to 53, which is more realistic for Bradford. I still have yet to throw an INT even though Seattle had two tremendous oppurtunities. This game the throwing seemed much more realistic, Bradford overthrew quite a few balls. It wasn't a ridiculous amount but I'm liking the accuracy with my player skill.

I'm unsure about the CPU skill though, I increased the QB accuracy from my last game since McNabb, a fairly accurate QB, only completed 53 percent of his passes. After increasing it around 5-7, Hasselback threw an even worse game. Now I know Hasselback is even worse but regardless, he had a horrible game. I still managed to get three picks, which were all user picks, but I've got a feeling I need to lower reaction time as well as interceptions down a bit.

O and another thing I'd like to add is that the defense is mentally ******** when it comes to calling defensive plays. If I run the ball on first and second down and get stuffed both times, the liklihood of them calling a full out blitz is about 75 percent. You can tell they're about to blitz by how close to the line they are, I instantly audible out, and I tend to get big plays when this happens. I got three huge plays, on third and 15+ because of the CPU being dumb.

Rushing:
S. Jackson - 27 ATT 166 YDS 6.1 AVG 3 TD 3 BTK 52 1STH 59 Long
J. Forsett - 11 ATT 48 YDS 4.3 AVG 0 TD 0 BTK
L. Washington - 9 ATT 76 YDS 8.4 AVG 3 BTK 54 Long
J. Jones - 2 ATT -1 YDS
M. Hasselback - 1 ATT -7 YDS

Rushing this time around for the CPU felt a bit more accurate. Washington broke more tackles than I'd like but I think it's because of my horrible defense. Forsett was stuffed a few times but managed a few decent runs, he didn't break any tackles, but he isn't a powerful runner. I'm like where the current CPU running sliders are at but I think I will increase them only slightly.

As far as my player skills is concerned, I guess I'm going to have to lower it again. My bread and butter offensive rushing play is the stretch, it works really well and I managed to break two long TD runs out of it. I like the amount of BTK's I had in this game, it's more realistic than the six I had last game but the average is still a bit high so I'm going to have to lower my player skills in the rushing category.

Receiving stats:

Now I'm not going to put any statistics here besides the number of drops for each team.

Total Drops: 5
Drops for Rams: 3
Drops for Seattle: 2

Now I'm liking the amount of drops a bit more. Leon Washington and Deion Branch were the people who dropped balls, which I think is fairly realistic. Washington doesn't have the best of hands and branch is a mediocre WR. I will accept three drops on my team since I'm the Rams who have a horrible WR corps. Most of the drops came on key plays but that's realistic.

Defensive stats:
Sacks: 1 (Rams)
INT: 3 (All Rams)

Like I've said previously, I'm going to have to lower the reaction time for my pass defense as well as interceptions. I think there should be more sacks than there currently are so for both teams, I'll be upping the pass rush to see what happens. I'd like to see 1-3 sacks per game, sometimes a bit more, sometimes none at all.

Final Thoughts:
I know the score looks ridiculous but it's mostly because I played a great game defensively. I was able to pick off Hasselback three times, all user picks. I got off to an early lead with the help of Avery. His kick return average was 49.3, he only had three returns, and I managed to score a TD with him on one of them. He also had four punt returns where he averaged 24.5 yards and had a long of 44. For some reason if I ever get in the clear with him I'm able to break a long return, whether it's a kick return or punt return. He put me in good field position for the first three scores and the two early interceptions helped me put the game away quickly. I still have some adjusting to do but hopefully this game was a bit of a fluke.