View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #60
Whitesox
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I posted this on another site:

After playing both demos I have to say I prefer PES this year and I haven't said that in a few years

I am going to mention a few things that have already been mentioned but here goes.

1.I do feel a difference in passing with better players but maybe not as much personality + though.

2. the game speed on slow seems about to be the same as the default in the PES demo and times still seems a bit fast.

3. There isn't as much spacing in midfield compared to PES which someone else mentioned.

4. I still like the crossing better in PES and dare I say I actually like the new passing in pes compared to fifa as well.

5. All manual seems better this year.

6. It still way too easy to press X and run through a player and take the ball.

It is improved on Fifa 10 and the WC game but not as much I would have liked. If you liked the past games you will like this. 3 minute halves are not long enough to get a true sense. I am going to give it more time like I did the PES demo but right now I prefer PES.
I absolutely agree with all of this.

One thing I love with PES is the passing, and the hud in general. It is a lot more natural than FIFA imo, and it is definitely something EA can improve.

At the risk of comparing this demo too much to PES, the tractics screen in FIFA just seems out dated now. PES' system is so revolutionary. Definitely a major selling point for me.

I'll have to look long and hard at the improvements to career mode, but it looks that PES is my game of choice this year. Who knows, though, maybe with longer halves this game will be better.