View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
st67
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: UFC Undisputed "Future" Survey #1 - Submission System

Personally, and maybe it's just me, I'd like to see them animate in poor posture and limb positioning. Basically, instead of clicking to initiate a submission every time, I'd like to see it where fighters have ratings in defense against every submission type, and that in turn lends to how the fighter will animate in that position.

For example - a guy with poor triangle or arm bar defense from inside the guard is going to posture poorly here and there, cross an arm past the center line of their opponent, stick one arm under their opponent's leg without the other one, etc - leading to submission chances. Then it's up to the player to take advantage of that.

For instance, with Sonnen in guard, he should be leaving that arm there a little more than normal, and the player should be able to watch for that and with timing depending on their offensive rating, attempt a submission.

GSP, on the other hand, should be near impossible to attempt an armbar from guard on. He knows his posturing and he keeps his arms in good position. You shouldn't even really be able to attempt it.

Now in the case of forcing your opponent into bad position, that should also rely on that rating. A guy like GSP isn't going to lose wrist control and be caught. A guy like Sonnen obviously is - as we saw with Silva. It should be harder to force it, though, so that you can't just do it over and over. Kind of like how EA does it where the player can deny the attempt.