View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
B.D.McGee
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No Plans For Backbreaker Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm not making any excuses for NM, they've got a long way to go to try and get me to buy one of their products day 1 again, if at all. People cite money and time as reasons Backbreaker was half baked, then they develop a massive patch that breaks as much as it fixes. The game was never a very good football game with so many fundamental things wrong with it due to physics oddities. It would have been able to claim success if it had just tried to be a new kind of blitz game, speed up the players and watch them explode on each other with massive tackles... the physics problems and shallow game modes that demolished their chance at any kind of sim categorization wouldn't have been a detriment to the game then. Instead they tried to cater to everyone and never were really won over anyone but the customization-happy guys, and Greathouse even managed to mess up what that group of gamers were doing too.

No idea why Tackle Alley isnt on PSN and XBL for $10, Backbreaker is awful and I'd buy an XBLA TA in a heartbeat to compete with friends for scores. They could make a living with games like that for various sports.

I give all games a chance, but stuff like finally revealing the 'franchise' modes just a couple days before release isn't going to fly for any followup. They also need to change the name to Natural Motion Football or something.
Thank God!! Someone with some sense. They half-a$$ed this game is the best part of your post. They did this very thing and the game suffered. I will never buy one of their games first day or 12 months day...don't care for em anymore.