View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
bill2451
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
yeah, honestly I'm just bored with Madden at this point. Have there been nice improvements, sure, but to me its just felt too similar for too long

I'm amazed we are still button passing. I would have thought by now they would have figured out a great way to utilize throwing to the right stick (and not the sloppy way it was done in Backbreaker).

Speaking of Backbreaker, as much as some people may not want to hear it, that game proved that REAL physics NEED to come to madden. There were so many things wrong with backbraker, fundimental things that made the game very difficult to play. But then there were moments where it just looked and felt so damn good. The interactions in madden just feel so canned and boring compared to BB that it truly is hard to get into it, and that is w/ a BB physics system that still had many issues itself (players felt far too weightless and collapsed too easily most of the time).

And all that said, I dont see the "physics" being put into NHL 11 is going to cut it. It is a joke that that system is even called physics, because it is far from it (the BB physics put it to shame)... and for the record, I am a huge fan of the NHL series, so I'm not bashing it. It's just that in terms of physics, the NHL has a slightly more dynamic animation system than in past years, but to call it physics is an insult to true physics engines.

Finally, the immersion and franchise modes in Madden are just laughably bad. Look at a game like CH2k8, arguably the greatest "franchise" mode of all time. The gameplay in that game is so far out of date that it is actually difficult to play at this point, but you still get a ton of people who swear by that game. I did not buy Madden this year, but had they had the level of franchise mode that choops did, I would EASILY be able to overlook the stale gameplay. Thats not to say I don't want gameplay improved, but you can't have stale gameplay and a pathetic franchise mode (seriously, they still can't even get IR to work correctly. In this day and age that is inexcusable.)