Only1LT
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden Sales Down 18% Y-o-Y in October

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I got it from the beginning.

I was only trying to show the other POV, not prove anyone wrong. If you think that on a message board of communication, I can't help in that area.

My bottom line is that I haven't seen anyone at OS post the word guarantee that Madden would be better with competition. I don't know where that word came form. Guarantee is too strong of a word. I'm speaking for other posters, not myself, when I feel that they feel there is optimism/enthusiasm for competition.

I'm not trying to belittle anyone, either.

This will be my last post on this topic. The topic doesn't appear to be on the same page for some people that are responding. I'll let a sleeping dog lie.

I can't say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I have seen people use the word guarantee either. That is beside the point though.

It is beside the point, because I HAVE seen, people say in answer to the question of "what would make Madden better", and them answer competition. I HAVE seen people say that lack of competition is THE biggest reason why they think Madden is not a good game. I HAVE seen people say that the only way to have a good Madden, is to bring back competition. How else can you take those statements, other than to mean that they think that if there was competition, that Madden would magically be better? They don't have to specifically use the word guarantee. Their position could not be clearer, even if they did.

And there is nothing wrong with optimism, but there is also nothing wrong with cautioning against, or tempering enthusiasm, to a realistic level. And if anyone's optimism includes thinking that all Madden needs is comp, then yes, that is an unrealistic expectation. Competition MAY help, but it very well MAY NOT. Not saying anything more than that.

It's fine to give the other POV, but on this one single statement, "competition does not guarantee a better Madden", there is no other POV. That is a statement of fact and should be treated as such. Facts don't have POVs. Opinions do. If you think that there is another POV to that statement, then that adds more credence to my belief that this is a misunderstanding.

But it should not be an argument.

Last edited by Only1LT; 12-06-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove