Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #13
Vast
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: New Video on Xbox Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
See I don't understand this thought process. First of all they do know boxing pretty well. Second, just because they put in some extra fighters that YOU might not have wanted. What does it harm??

It is no different if I gave you 10 bucks but decided I was going to give you a extra dollar bill. Do you turn down the dollar bill because it is not significant enough for you??? In reality all it does is add to your amount.

The reason this bothers me is you act as if they did not go out and sign other fighters. That they just said "lets get butter bean and call it a night". What does it hurt to have him?? Hell many games add extra weird characters just for the hell of it. Look at Big John in EA MMA or The Tap out crew in UFC2010.

Also what do you mean he "takes a spot". They sign who will sign, plain and simple. You have ZERO way of knowing what Ward or Martinez request to be compensated for. You have no way of knowing the decisions that must be made to bring the title to your hands. Yet you act as if you know the ins and outs of signing major athletes. It is easier to act as if you know the whole routine, but the fact is you don't know.

This also touched a nerve with me not because I went to community day. I am far from a EA apologist. But you have ZERO facts to base any of your thoughts on. Just open bashing with no knowledge of what you are talking about. I don't go around talking as if I know everything about programming and hexeditors, because I don't know. Just the same as you have no idea what it entails to sign these major athletes
He shouldn't be in the game period. The artists shouldn't be wasting their time creating and rendering him. The budget shouldn't be reduced to include him. If i want him i'll just download from the internet or create him myself.

In boxing especially where its impossible to get a complete roster don't include people who aren't boxers when there are TONS of boxers we'd all rather have.

for example if i see that the Middleweight champ Sergio Martinez isn't in the game then i see that Butterbean IS in the game its going to piss me off tremendously. It shows they're reaching out to the wrong people.

They would be much better off not including him; we wouldn't have that reaction.

Last edited by Vast; 12-06-2010 at 06:10 PM.