View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #206
eye_opener
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player Progression In Franchise Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Anyway you've completely missed his point.

How many times does this need to be explained to people? Chris Johnson is now a 99 following his awesome year last year because the Madden team were able to re-evaluate him.

That can't happen in an offline franchise that goes on for several years. Once you press the start franchise button your franchise is out on its own. No revaluations are possible.

I'll say this again and maybe it will sink in - if a scrub RB is running for 2500 yards then either your sliders are wrong, you are exploiting the AI, or he is running behind a Hall Of Fame quality offensive line. Either way he does not become a better player on the field (although as noted above he probably could ask for more money, or get better trade value. Here's hoping a deeper Madden franchise awaits in M12).
Again I fail to see the difference in re-evaluation and progression other than the chosen diction. The effect is the same the players ratings change. You just seem to believe in destiny or predetermination in correlation to the game. I like the idea of any player becoming great, but I do think the difficulty of turning a poor playing, unskilled, unmotivated player into a great player as opposed to an exceptional, skilled, hard working player should be sliding based on potential, which, in and of itself, can increase or decrease.