View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
HiTEqMETHOD
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
WOW........I wish every sports developer can be as proactive as FIFA development team. Their game don't come out until august and they already letting people know they are getting on things........

I like candid developers......If something in your game is broken or lame, then say it is and say you are going to fix it or over haul it.
It's a marketing ploy dude. They apparently got you hook, line, and sinker. I used to fall for the same thing so it's nothing against you. Not saying FIFA 11 isn't good, and am very hopeful about FIFA 12 and just how much better it will be but stuff like this doesn't get me any more hyped about the game.

Developers love when their game sells for numerous reasons, one of them being so when development begins on a new game (this is more prevalent with sports game devs) they can feed consumers info about how blatantly unhappy they are with an area of the game that is lacking and how it's unacceptable, lame, etc. that area of the game wasn't better. It's nothing more than a hype tactic, they have meetings about this stuff, what to say, what words or phrases to avoid.

It's a business though so more power to them, just try not to get too excited when stuff like this comes out. They're not being candid to be nice to you, they just want to make the possibility they get your money that much more likely. Plus they're really not being all that candid with you if you think about how much preparation went into these tweets, blogs, etc..