Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #22
Trevytrev11
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Another MLB 2K11 Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I had read that pitching in 2K8 was more difficult but 2K10 was the first time I went with 2K. What was the payoff pitch? Was there a third step in the process or something?

I think 2K needs to improve the difference between a pitcher's best pitch and worst pitch. Last year I could throw almost any pitch I wanted to without a big difference regardless of the rating.

Payoff pitching was a little mini game within the game in which you could boost the rating of your pitches. Certain pitches, that were deemed more important, were "payoff pitches" (Strike out situations, pitching out of jams, etc.). By hitting the catchers spot with the chosen pitch in these situations, you received a boost in that pitches rating.

2K8 also involved a three step pitching process. In doing this you were able to control the power/effort, the quality and the location of the pitch by performing all three parts.

The difference to the current system is that you had to time the release of the stick after the movement with an on-screen graphic.

So for a fastball, it would be 1) Pull Back to desired effort then 2) Press forward and hold as the meter shrunk towards the center and then 3) let go as it was as close to center as possible.

It was a thing of beauty that only needed to be fine tuned, but instead, they scrapped it.