View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #25
Icarus2k9
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 12 Developer Video Podcast at Super Bowl Halftime, Thoughts or Ideas?

I'd hate to be a negative nancy on this one, I'd love some extra Madden information like everyone else, but I wouldn't be that fussed on a half-time video or any news for a good while yet.

I'm at a stage where my optimism on the game is based solely on promises being maintained, and this early on I'm guessing you're still at risk of saying features and elements that won't make it due to time constraints - or worse, features that never get implemented properly.

The only videos I want to see after the last couple of years would have to be ridiculously long, displaying difficulty settings at all times and testing the new feature to breaking point. User v User, User v Cpu, all the permentations. If it's an off-field feature, I'd want it simmed 100 times or enacted with all sorts of things that could make it a problem. If it's presentation, if I saw a clip that was awesome and that turned out to be one of only a handful of new cut scenes, I'd feel cheated.

I really enjoyed the last two games on the field, despite how soulless franchise was, so the only things that seem to fill me with dissatisfaction are the videos which promise so much and then fail to deliver. Give me a confirmed list the moment the game goes gold, then I'd be stoked.

But that's just me and I know that's a crazy POV. I'll be on here dissecting like everyone else
Advertisements - Register to remove