View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #26
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Why the NFL’s Labor Strife Might Be the Best Thing That Happened to Madden (Kotak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
That's not what you said.

Their mocap studio has been around for a while, but the 40yd dash addition to it allowing them to model some of the different forms of locomotion was just one recent example of them continuing to spend money to improve the products.

Some of you apparently think that EA will make the same amount even if there's no labor deal and there's no NFL season, you are missing the point in the concession that was made on this years fees.
Yes, actually it is what I said. You're attempting to justify 7 years of failed innovation in your post by blaming it on income. This is the best selling sports game in history and the ONLY NFL game. They have yet to make Madden on this gen that has even caught up to the last gen football games. There is no excuse you could give me in the world to justify that. Not only that, but the games have gotten more and more expensive.

The fact is this, madden 11 is a decent game. I'd give it about a 7.5. Compared to the rest of today's sports games, it gets about a 3. All of the other genre's have pushed the envelope and really come out with some incredible works. Football gaming has sunk into the gutter as the worst of all of the sports genres. The first step in correcting a problem is realizing that you have one. The problem with success is it has bred arrogance, and the feeling that they don't need to fix anything. Even consumers who purchase Madden every year are at the point where they are frustrated but they know this is their only NFL game. EA banks on that for older gamers. Newer gamers have never experienced any other games, so they are looking for a pick up and play game. EA can give them that, with little investment in innovation. If you have ever worked in software, innovation is a double edged sword. Innovation costs you money, but it can also be your biggest money maker. When you are not competing against anyone else, there is no incentive to innovate, because it's not worth the money. You are going to get the sale anyway.