View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
ChaseB
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
A Couple Miscellaneous MLB 2K11 Notes

So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.
Advertisements - Register to remove