Old 02-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
hitstreak13
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: A Couple Miscellaneous 2K11 Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So, my hands-on preview will be on the site tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw a couple bullet points in here of things I saw or found out but will not be in the preview.
  • No arbitration system in place in Franchise mode

• There's a "team health" screen you can go to in Franchise mode to check out injuries to players and how they're doing and so forth.

• Injuries can be progressive. So if you play a guy through an injury and can lead to a worse injury to the same affected area.

• These injuries are real-time, so each animation has a certain about of "injury risk" tied to it. So if a player is playing through a bad shoulder and tries to steamroll the catcher at the plate, it could mean very bad news.

• During a game you can go through a substitution screen and see a pitcher's repertoire (including his arsenal and speeds), as well as a "splits" screen where you can see how pitchers/batters do in certain situations.

• If you pause the game, you can look and see where your expected pitch count range is with any starter.

• The sound was rather low, but I thought every instant replay made sense in the game. 2K has generally been good at end-of-inning replays, and everything in terms of replays during the action synced up and made sense to show again.
Chase, what do you mean by how they are doing (second bullet point)? Do the players rehab? Are there any setbacks? etc. I appreciate you taking time and giving us some info. Bummed about the no arbitration, but oh well. Still looking good.
Advertisements - Register to remove