View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
Dazraz
Pro

OVR: 33
Just had a couple of games on the demo. First impressions are just how good the game looks. Player models & Stadia are both well represented. There are some nice presentation elements to the game. Broadcast style screen swipes, Shot of the game replay at end of match, Pre match player walk ons, all had to the atmosphere. Sadly though during the actual match everything feels a little dull. Commentary would of added quite a bit to this game.

Gameplay is not a major change from TS3. It still appears that aces will be a rarity.

Looking at the menu pages I was impressed by how many courts are available in the full game as well as a good selection of pros.

My big gripe with this game is the lack of modes outside of the career mode. I enjoy Tennis games but not to the extent that I want to plough through a career mode. I much prefer the option to create one off tournaments where you can have a few mates around to play. There is no Offline multiplayer modes other than just one off matches. Probably not a major issue for most but for me it means I will likely leave this game alone. Initially it feels fun but I will likely get bored with it as a single player game.