View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #43
Yankee2441
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441
I don't have a database on historical players but I made a sheet that has 3 year split stats for ~600 players. I have another sheet that has ZIP projections for 2011.

I changed some of the formulas around.. I took a look at what TripleThreat is working on and I was experimenting with his projection eqn's. But if anyone is interested in the spreadsheet speak up and I'll upload it. I did have to do quite a bit of work to gather the data for the 3 year splits and rearrange it in the spreadsheet. I also have drop down menus programmed in so when you click on a player it'll retrieve stats from the other sheets.

I was just messing around doing all of this. I didn't know how to create the drop down menus or use lookup functions to retrieve data from multiple sheets but after playing around I was able to figure it out.
Well here's the link if anyone is interested...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2UOT69V

I haven't settled on formulas yet, but I'm uploading this to show what could be done to help roster makers edit ratings and such. You could input data manually or if you have a database in a separate sheet such as the 3 year splits I inputed, you can use menus and lookup functions to automatically input the stats for you.