View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
backinblack23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 - Play #7: 3-3-5 Okie NCAA Blitz 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I've always said, the circle coverages should be represented by the players zone coverage rating.
Meaning the higher the rating, the more area/space he's able to play in.
Dropping your DE should not mean good coverage just because you called a Zone if it's not within his skillset.

On the flipside though, many people think Zones are suppose to "Stop" an offense.
It's a bend-but-don't-break type of scheme while trying to confuse the QB and not give up the Big Play.
Those are the 3 Major points of a Zone scheme.

I believe it's not the Zone coverage in itself, because they can either code to "Over" cover an area or "Under" cover an area.
But it's the P. Manning QB's across the board that are able to pick apart defenses with ease.

There's only so much they can do on a Zone coverage.
I like that idea, and the thing that I think would really help would with zone coverage is that when a receiver enters that players zone they need to follow that player through their zone not just go to that zone and then read and react to the pass. This way zone could be beat but the Qb would have to be patient till the holes developed or a zone cleared, thus also solving pass rush problems. If you have a good zone defense you dline has more time to get to the qb, or if your dline is really good your zone defense doesn't have to be highly rated.