View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
Zombiecakes
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 To Include Concussions to Present a Safety Message

I'm only expecting a superficial implementation of it.

It'll probably show up on the injury report like everything else:

Example, you'll see a little pop up that shows:

"Injury Report: D. Jackson - Concussion - Out for Game - Under Evaluation for Next Week"

There will be no option to put the player back into the game (with risk of re-injury) because it's now the NFL rule to not allow a player to return after a concussion. Also, they would have to have daily "concussion evaluations" to determine if they are clear to play for the following week(s) too. Unless the Madden engine just picks a pre-set time frame right away and then you just find a sub and go with that guy until your normal starter is off the injury list.

And that's it. I mean, how deep can you get with it? Concussions have always been in Madden as an injury, so far as I recall. The only change they need to make is the duration of play time that the player will miss. In this case, they'll miss at least the rest of the current game and possibly the following week's game depending on the "severity" of it.

It's more true-to-life, but not a major change IMO. This is a videogame after all. I honestly don't see the need to add this to the game except to appease the NFL's "morality" police.

EDIT: lol - unless they add a mini-game where you try to pass the concussion evaluation test by doing some goofy controller button game. This way you could maybe speed up your player's return to the starting lineup? Just a thought.

Last edited by Zombiecakes; 03-31-2011 at 09:46 AM.