View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #37
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden NFL 12 Cover Athlete Voting - Round 2 Results, Round 3 Voting Has Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am a Danny Woodhead fan, but I don't want him on the cover of Madden.

While I was really happy Brees got it last year, I really don't want him to win again.

Rodgers and Vick need to be the finalists, and I am voting for Vick. The story of Vick on the cover is far better than Rodgers.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing P. Willy on the cover as well. Not only as a 49er fan, but because Defense needs all the love it can get. Ray-Ray was solo, but Troy had to share the cover.
I realize I'm sounding like a blind homer for saying this, but I don't know about that. I really don't care if he's on the cover or not, but Vick's story is that of NFL superstar who sabotaged his own career, served his time and then returned to the field as a superstar.

It's basically the same "redemption" story that was used for Big Ben, Jamal Lewis, Ray Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, and every other superstar that has gotten into trouble with the law.

Aaron Rodger's on the other hand is the guy who does all the right things, says all the right things and is constantly overlooked. Even this season, he had highest qb rating in the NFC and was among the tops in NFC in most major passing categories and was snubbed for the pro bowl. Once again, the guy took the snub in stride went out and played lights out throughout the playoffs and earned Superbowl MVP.

I'll take the Aaron Rodgers story every time.