View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Got Madden 12 Franchise Mode/Superstar Mode Questions?

Chase, any update on when your gameplay Q&A is going up?

---

General: How was the design of Franchise and Superstar modes for Madden 12 affected by the lockout?

Injured Reserve: does it work properly this year (frees up cap space AND a roster spot)?

75 man roster + cut days: elaborate on this a little bit? How do cut days work? When are they? How does the computer decide who to cut (i.e. simply based on traditional Madden logic, different coaching schemes favoring different types of players, or something else)?

Player ratings: Any option to completely hide all the player ratings from the end user? If not, any option to partially mask them with something like broad letter grades (a la NBA2K series)? Can player ratings be edited during Franchise mode at any time (not necessarily at all times, but at some point during the mode)?

The mentioned free agent "bidding system": how similar is this to NFL Head Coach 09 (it sounds similar from the name of it)? How does it work in an offline multiplayer setting (for example, if my friend and I both want to bid on Nnamdi Asomugha)?

Player roster management: does the end user still have to work around clumsy position requirements (for example, I must always carry at least three offensive tackles), or have these requirements been removed to allow the player more roster flexibility?

AI team roster management: any changes in how the computer handles its business this year? Are they more active in proposing trades (in the offseason, during the draft, before the trade deadline)? Does the concept of a "Team Roadmap" exist (a la NFL Head Coach 09)?

Any changes to how rookie scouting is done this year?

Coaches: any changes in how they are handled? Do coaches progress / regress / change at all over time? Do new coaches that aren't retired players enter the coaching pool over the course of a franchise?

Draft classes: can we edit them? Are they still premade draft classes, or are they generated? Can we still import draft classes from the NCAA Football games, and have there been any refinements to that process? Can draft classes be shared, a la NBA 2K11 (sorry if I keep coming back to this, but that game does a lot of things right and every other sports game could follow its lead on some things)?

Playoff seeding: though I never experienced it, in Madden 11 there was apparently a bug in how playoff seeding was decided. Is EA aware of the issue, and has it been addressed for Madden 12?

Franchise presentation: in-game, can we expect more seasonal stat overlays, discussion from the commentators about the goings-on in the NFL, etc? Again I point to NBA 2K11 as an example, where they discuss conference standings, statistical leaders, and so on. I'm aware that Madden and NCAA commentators already discuss individual statistics milestones.

Do any / all of these changes apply to Online Franchise?

In online franchise, is there an option for a salary cap? Player contracts?

In online franchise, do non-user teams actually have team management logic for free agency and contract decisions?

Can two users play a head-to-head online franchise game on one console this year, similar to how NCAA users can play against each other on one console in online dynasty?

---

I realize I sorta shotgunned that, but as many answers as you can get would be awesome.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-09-2011 at 04:20 PM.