Old 05-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #119
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
So then basically, according to no one. And you're just arbitrarily making up numbers llike $64.99.
If you think it's no one indicating DLC and pay to play are an alternative to simply raising all game prices then you're not paying attention to the industry. OXM covered micro transactions and the need for them just a few months ago in regards to the Call of Duty games making multiplayer pay to play in the upcoming title (the issue is being explored).

As for $64.99, that's based on my 30 years or so of playing and buying video games. Yes it's not set in stone, maybe it will be $63.99 or $65.99 but what difference does it make as to the exact amount? The point is the price will go up if alternate revenue streams such as DLC are not fruitful for publishers.

And you cite EA as if they are the only company doing this because they have some "monopoly" on the market. Guess what? They are, by far, not the only ones going down this road..a lot of games today have pay for DLC. Again,if you don't realize that then I question how much you really know abot what's going on in this regards..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven