View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
dochalladay32
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Bowl tie-ins (for conference realignment)

You have to be careful with your numbering because you left out a lot of split and contingency bids. Example, the Sun Belt actually has 2 + 3, and more often than not, they pick up some of those contingency bids. Same with the MAC. They sent 4 last year, using a contingency bid. Sun Belt sent 3. C-USA is really 5 + 2. The SEC is really 8/9 and the Big East is 6/7 as they share a Liberty Bowl bid... which won't happen in real life this year because no way they send 7 out of their 8 teams, but in the game, a larger Big East might use them.

But what I'm hoping is that, especially with my classic setups, is that there are NO contingency bids, the smaller conferences will open up at larges because there is no way a 10-team SEC uses 9 bids, a 7-8 team MVC (in C-USA) uses 5+2 bids, etc... And then when I have a junk conference of only a few non-1A teams, those FCS games do not count towards bowls. I'm willing to bet that is false, though, because they are counted as conference filler games. I wish we could remove a conference from automatic bowl bids. That would be a nice feature. May not be able to edit each, but it would be nice to just turn off a conference that shouldn't have any bowl bids.