View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
1Rose
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K12 Shoots For Another Title With the Help of Digital Dirk

Only things I really want to see improved:

Player Models:

Some player still look like linebackers. Some players are really muscular but arms of muscular players in 2k always look way too big. First player that comes to mind is Ronnie Brewer. Dude looks like he's got Big Black biceps lol

Player Movement:

I still feel like lateral quickness is misrepresented. There aren't alot of stopping on the dime type plays that occur in the 2K, everything feels a little slow. Even when Dirk drives, he has the ability to suddenly stop and pop, something that can't be done in 2k11. Also the motion still feels clunky. I hate that when I push the stick right once to adjust, he takes like 4 steps. Or when I'm trying to back the ball out but I keep getting that stupid animation where you bump into the defender. Very frustrating sometimes when you can't move to the spot on the floor you wanna go.

More shot animations (Sig and generic):

Alot of players need an overhaul on their in-game shot. As well, I want to see more animations and less glitchy ones for contact shots around the rim. I feel like there are alot of weird animations that occur around the basket when going up for a shot that need to be fixed. Also of course, more dribble animations and more reaction animations by defenders.

Random:

I still feel like the graphics in this game don't feel all that real. Would like to see more facial expressions, moving hair for players like Dirk. Better jersey textures. Better lighting and definition on player bodies. Also, more dynamic atmosphere in the arenas. If it's the Finals, I want it to feel like the Finals. Didn't feel like that to me in 2k.

Overall 2k11 was an amazing game, but there is still so much room for improvement.