Old 06-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #130
BlueNGold
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Phil Frazier is Leaving EA Sports Tiburon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
No, again, Madden was moving right where we wanted it to be when I left. My personal choice was really about a change of scenery and really wanting to spread my wings as a game maker. Finding out Phil was leaving today was just as much of a surprise to me as it was to you guys...so he's got his own reasons that I don't yet know (though I'm going to lunch with him tomorrow. )

The leadership team, which was Cam, Phil, Mike Young, and myself - we were all pretty much 100% on the same page about what we wanted out of Madden for the future (and I think you'll see that vision in all of Cam's interviews). Whereas NBA you could see the major disconnect between the stuff Mike Wang thought was important vs. what the EA NBA management peeps were saying.
Good to hear. Thanks for answering.

I'd hate to see the work that's been put in since 09 get tossed aside again. Just like NBA Live, Madden seems like it's finally on the cusp of being great again.