Old 07-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: "Fighting for the Ball" should be a major focus in NCAA 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I've said it before but I'll say it again, NCAA and Madden need to go steal the jostling system from FIFA. It would be incredible to see WR/DBs interacting and positioning themselves like this, all while still having full control over your player. If you've never played FIFA, go download the demo and just watch how players jockey for position both on the move and when stationary. I'm really hopeful that they do this next year.

Also, the OL/DL interactions need MAJOR work.

Kind of funny, in one of the old EA Inside blogs, one of the developers said they were adding that for Madden 10.

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...teraction.aspx

Quote:
Second, we took a page from the FIFA team and added in the concept of 'jostling'. Personally I am extremely stoked to have this in the game because I've written a design for it for 5+ years in a row...unfortunately we just never had the technology to accomplish it. The 'jostling' concept is a set of looping 2-man animations that can play for the WR and DB as they run downfield. The main reason that I am so big on these animations is that it really helps alleviate a balance problem that has existed in Madden for years. I'm talking about the fact that traditionally you can send a player with a 99 speed rating (regardless of his other ratings like route running, catching, etc) on a streak and easily get behind a defender in man coverage. In real life, regardless of the difference in speed, a good defensive back can use his body to keep the receiver in check... a fly route is rarely an untouched foot-race sprint to the endzone. So here's a video example of just one of the many jostling animations you can expect to see in Madden NFL 10:
Advertisements - Register to remove