View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #100
Rogie Vachon
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Rogie Vachon`s NHL12 Sliders (BaP Goalie/skater,all other modes)

Posted some tweaks I made yesterday,.....

Take a look and give them a try.

Fatigue recovery at 2/2 was still too high,dropped it to 1/1( I think this is what worked best in NHL11 too),..lines would recover too fast and 4th line still wasn`t getting used enough,...and lines could still stretch out their shifts to 3+ minutes of game time.
It`s not perfect,but about the best I can get right now.
I`m wanting to see shifts of a minute for the forwards,....and lines that aren`t fully recovered having to be used.

Normal shot speed,.....trying 4/3 ....this is experimantal,just trying to even out the game vs the cpu a bit.......as the cpu can fire off it`s shots at max speed instantaneously,and humans have to "load up" for high powered shots,...for playing vs the cpu on SS or AS,this might even the playing field.
I`ll be testing to make sure the cpu`s shot speeds ARE fair and not under-tuned to gain an advantage.
It`s similar to the goalie reaction speeds,...a human controlled goalie is handicapped speed-wise compared to the cpu goalies,......as well as being handicapped in their ability to even move in the most basic ways a goalie moves in real life.

This is all under review constantly,until all the game play fixes are made,and hopefully human goalie controls and abilities too.

Hitting was weak at 0/0,so it was increased to 1/1
....although the hip checks weren`t quite as bad...LOL..I think......it needed the little boost.I`m still going to try and tune this area but try a few different tactics.

Goalie passing bumped up to 4 - this is the default setting,...the previous setting at 3 was more just to be conservative till I could see how the cpu goalies were doing.......still keeping an eye on this and will adjust as necessary.
Goalie cover puck bumped up to 2 (manual cover )- still experimenting with all of this,it`s acting a little different than last year with the manual/auto option playing some role in the difference in how it`s working.

Penalties - everything jacked,everything on authentic,.....there is a need for penalties to be tuned by EA,in a patch or tuner.
Not enough variety,...and a lack of calls on many things......it`s just not working right.......and can you say HIP CHECK?

All I can think of right now,......check back again soon.

I`m still monitoring a possible adjustment that made playing the cpu on Super Star, in Season mode/BaGM mode/Playoffs, a better likelyhood.

I`m still testing and might be able to even offer 2 or 3 varying degrees of "intensity" without feeling like your getting a-raped by the cpu,...with a sandpaper condom and blasting grit for lubricant.