View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #15
Da_Czar
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Strategy Session 7: On Ball Defense (Da Czar)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Great video Czar.

The only problem I seem to have is triggering the contest while recovering. A few issues regarding this:

-The contest doesn't always occur. You can't recover (for example, in the video at 5:25) and get a "real" contest. Seems like you have to be right in front of the player.
-The contest occurs but if you move the RS >ever so slightly< you will "break" the contest and your player will just stand there.
-I commit an intentional foul

I'm trying to chalk these up to user error but I've experimented on wide variety of scenarios and the only thing consistent is the inconsistency.

I'll add this is MOSTLY online... which seems to require a different approach.
I think your 100 percent on that Pared some of the contests on move don't seem to trigger all the time. What i think I have seen though it that even though I can't see visually an animation depending on my floor position the cpu's shot grade seemed to be as low as if the contest played visually. I wonder if it's taking effect but just not showing us ?

That is just a theory based on seeing some unusually low grades based on not seeing the contest but knowing I hit the button. I have seen the same thing when doing an aggressive contest close to the offense.

Regardless it needs to give us the visual cue that what we entered has taken effect. I have reported that to the defense guys and I hope it is something they can turn on in time for a patch. Have no idea if it is that simple.

As a defender we need that consistency
Advertisements - Register to remove