View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #14
rangerrick012
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K12 Will Not Have 66 Game Schedule, It Will Only Be Implemented in NBA Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Pretty weak for simulation fans. I thought 2k was prepared to address any contingencies as a result of the lockout. I can see 2k not wanting to do something only for this year, but it seems like their willingness to work on anything that doesn't directly lead to revenue this year has waned, like the few fixes in the patch. This is going to make me quite a bit less hyped about 2k13, regards of the promotionals and insights. 2k12 looked to be a home run (wrong sport) primarily because of 2k11's quality and support. If 2k12 is left in its current state, I'm going to be a bit skeptical of 2k13.
How was 2K supposed to know that once everything was settled the season would be exactly 66 games? This was not something that you could just plan for. It's like people are ignoring the fact that there was a lockout and expecting everything to be perfect. I know sim people might be upset, but realistically speaking I don't see how people could think that this would be something that could just be patched in.

So you have a 66 gm season, then every other season is 82 games? Association has never allowed you to change season length for different seasons first of all, and there's always been the standard of 29, 58, and 82 games. Again I understand why this may be a letdown for some but to make the jump and call 2K lazy for not being able to add this is just unnecessary.

PSN: dsavbeast