View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Wiggy
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
I totally get where you guys are coming from. That said, I stated in the article that not all people would feel comfortable playing against these "weaker" teams. At the end of the day, though, all it really amounts to is AI sliders being lowered to get some of the earlier unlocks faster. This method isn't going to get you to a 99 very easily (my striker is currently an 81 with many hours put in), and you'll still have a great deal to learn about how to actually play the game.

The reality is that lots of online players are going to level up their Be-A-Pro quite fast by using methods like this, and the amount of legwork that EA makes players put in just to gain a few unlock points is often quite egregious. Hours of gameplay still have to be put in for the method I outlined (including tons of time with human cooperation and competition), and I don't find it nearly as questionable as people buying better unlocks or high-level characters in games like NHL or Fight Night.

Still, if you enjoy the game on a single-player basis, you can level up your guy against stiffer competition and have everything last longer. To each their own, I'd say. The point of this article was to show how a Be-A-Pro can get to a decent level of skill with somewhat less time put in, especially since EA has some absurd milestones that you have to reach for very small rewards.