View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #4732
JaySmooov
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Official POST-LOCKOUT Player Movement Thread (Trades, FAs, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
looks like they wanted to improve their outside shooting...which you have to admit was terrible vs Dallas last year.

Kapono is a good role player you just have to limit his minutes and make sure he stays in that role like Dallas did with Peja.

As for Murphy he used to be a double/double guy.....i know he had terrible year last season but I think Murphy is a quality big man off the bench. You have to think if this in terms of how do these guys fit your bench and right now even as a Lakers ***** I think some of these guys are a step up compaired to what LA had off the bench last year.

McRoberts, Kapono and Murphy isn't as bad as people might think they just aren't the household names that Lakers fans have their eyes set on right now.
Didn't LA have depth problems?
Having McRoberts and Troy Murphy coming off the bench for Bynum and Pau isn't that bad. Its better than Joe Smith and Derrick Caracter (even though he's hurt), plus Kapono gives them legit 3-point shooting in limited minutes. He could be a Kyle Korver-type in a lesser role.