View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #26
st67
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: UFC Undisputed 3 Video - How to Unlock Alistair Overeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Jesus people. Its called marketing. I can understand that people are upset about the gamestop thing (I am too because I would prefer to buy my game somewhere else) but complaining about this? Most people have a Facebook account so its as simple as pressing the "like" button and adding your email address.

Don't have or want a Facebook account...create a fake one, press the like button and just have THQ send the code to your correct email address. That simple.
Doesn't have anything to do with how easy it is... It simply has to do with having to go about doing stuff to get things in a game you've already bought.

Like I said before - I liked when you bought a game, and that was it. You didn't have to go sending a letter to Nintendo Power, then them sending you a letter back with a code to put into say... Mike Tyson's Punch out so that you could unlock content on the game. You popped in the game, and you played it. I miss that.

Imagine putting Street Fighter II in your SNES, then going to the character screen and not seeing Ken. Then you look in the manual and it says "To unlock Ken, go tell a friend about Street Fighter II, then call us in a 3-way call with your friend, who will confirm that you told them about the game! We'll then give you a code that you can enter to unlock Ken!"

It's just nonsense and entirely unnecessary, but companies do it because they can. I don't get why you'd treat your consumers as gophers. They've already put down $60 to get your game - now you're going to make them run around and do things just so they can unlock 'special features' that should already be available to them from the get go?

Last edited by st67; 12-29-2011 at 07:35 PM.