View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

I don't think 2K has thrown the towel in either. If they did they wouldn't have offered the $1 million dollar perfect game competition the last two years (a complete waste of money though imo) and they wouldn't have paid to get Justin Verlander on the cover. If they were really throwing in the towel you would see Brad Penny on the cover.

The quote from the 2K execs was an obvious one. They won't continue the current license deal the way it is which guarantees them to lose money. It was a knee jerk reaction to the EA football exclusive license. I can definitely see 2K continue making a baseball game, certainly on the 360. Unless EA jumps back into baseball gaming, which is certainly a possibility, 2K still has a stranglehold on 360 baseball gaming and should be able to make money if their license fees drop.

Quality control WAS a major issue and after two years of 2K baseball where I've generally had a good time but annoyed at some obvious problems and bugs I doubt I will be getting 2K12 unless the previews are great.