View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #667
LOOSECANNON
Rookie

LOOSECANNON's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official: How's your WWE 12 Universe going?

Took a few days off (felt like weeks, I swear), so I could get a pretty accurate RAW from tonight. I probably could have predicted this card as obvious as it was, but, then again, I enjoyed my "time off" watching tons of great wrasslin' circa 97-99...hello ECW inasion, RAW is WAR and Nitro/Starcade "screwjob"..

- RAW -

Miz vs. R-Truth. Highlights: Picking up from last week's countout victory -- and Dinero noticeably banned from ringsidecourtesy of Interim GM and yadda yadda yah, Laurinaitus -- Miz evens up the score with a rolling neckbreaker after I failed to kick out of another pin. Maybe the patch will get rid of this horrendous pinfall system. Winner: The Miz.

Pinfalls Count Anywhere: Zack Ryder w/ Eve vs. Kane. Highlights: Right away, Kane went from a running kick, missed Ryder and nailed Eve off the apron! This was a WAY better match than the one on Raw. Eve distracted Kane and I nailed a corkscrew DDT on the entrance ramp. Only a 1 count, though, as Kane 2-hand chokeslammed on the ramp (similar to tonight), and finished me off with a pumphandle reverse back suplex that sent Ryder tumbling on the stage! That was enough for the victory and maybe enough to put Ryder out of action for a while (considering he also took a beating last week against JBL on Smackdown), with the Big Red Machine on a roll towards Wrestlemania. Winner: Kane, but barely.

Main Event: CM Punk & John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger w/ Vickie. Highlights: This gave me a great opportunity to put Team Vickie together (w/ "Legacy's" trio entrance looks pretty cool) officially now that they finally have themselves a true tag match. This won't be much of a "cutscene RAW" seeing how I had to change the cards nearly completely, but there's still 3 weeks before WM, so it's all good. Tough tough TOUGH match...could have gone either way... while Ziggler was badly beaten down by Punk, the tag to Cena led to an STFU from Cena on Swagger and he would not let go after the bell!!! (okay, had to make that one up...) Cena got plenty of cheers and boo's...weird mash-up team, but good in-ring action. Winners: Punk &Cena.

- Smackdown - Since there was 1 more match on RAW than my Smackdown, I just placed the last one in the SD ring...

Santino vs. McIntyre. Highlights: The last time these 2 squared off in my game, McIntyre actually got the victory, so I'm going with him today in hopes I'll lose! BTW, the more I see this guy, the more I'd really love to do a UK-Invasion stable or angle, esp. now that I've brought back Davey Boy Smith...maybe this'll work post RKO/Barrett. Already have nWo invading TNA and ECW coming post WM... Well, Santino is just far too weak in this game. Future shock. Winner: McIntyre. No "jobber" angle here!

Rhodes vs. Gabriel. Highlights: Dashing has no idea who is opponent is, thinking it's Hornswoogle... and it's the WWE return of Justin G. Only used Gabe in one match thus far and that was an X-Division Fatal 4-Way. Now he already gets a shot at, but not a shot for, the I.C. champ. And the high-flyer has an intriguing move-set, but I swear I missed a couple impact flying moves and had little to no recovery. Winner: Rhodes. Cutscene: Eddie Guerrero, Mysterio, and Chavo congratulate Cody for the win from the entrance ramp with a round of applause, as Cole says, "You don't think they're looking for another member, do you?" Wow! This continues the support that Rey (and Cena) gave to Austin Aires last week on TNA, following his newly crowned X-Division title. Rey's on a recruiting mission, amigo! But Cody Rhodes?!?

Non-Lumberjack Match: Bryan vs. Henry. Yeah, wish we could, right? Anyway, I didn't want to make this match any sorta gimmick in fear of losing any potential cutscenes. And there it is.. Bryan pulls the whole Flair handshake kick to the balls skit, pushing his heel-factor even further. While the fans don't like either superstar, I get the feeling they were going with Henry who dominated most of the match with high impact slams, including the World's Strongest. But somehow, this kid KICKED OUT!!! And I mean, this was after several devasting moves. Bryan fights back, almost submitting Mark with an armbar but then catching him with a belly-to-belly bridge (don't see how it's possible), but Henry sold a good move for once in his life and loses in the upset. Winner: Bryan. Assuming, he'll NOW have his sights set on Punk, whom he caused a loss to Nash last week!

Tables Match Main Event: Barrett vs. Sheamus. Rematch from last week, with RKO helping Shea get the victory. I suppose these fools want one more go at it before going their own ways with their own issues -- RKO, Swagger -- and it surely beats having Jinder Mahal involved. Wow, weird...very rare cutscene during a "customize freely" match, especially since I changed EVERYTHING: Swagger jumps in the ring, only to attack.. Barrett? Sheamus actually looks stunned and still none-too-pleased with Jack sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. He had that look like, "this isn't going to help you!" During the match, which involved a lot of table action, Sheamus head outside the ring to clobber Swagger, thus giving the US Champ a reason to exit. Both wrestlers came close to finishing one another through the tables, but it was Barrett who front suplexed the Great White, snapping the bingo table in half. Winner: Barrett. Another cutscene: After the match Barrett grabs a chair and goes to work on Sheamus. I guess these 2 won't be done, after all. Where's Randy?

- TNA/Impact - Abyss may have put The Joker out for the week following last week's pump-handle slam on the chair on the concrete.. but still appearing this week, the Clown Prince of Crime announced he's hired not 2 but 3 men to battle the monster in a trio-handicap special...

Abyss vs. the nWo: Big Poppa Pump, Curt Henning...and his son! Michael McGillicutty! (Perfect addition to the New World Order as a Scott Norton clone, and for other obvious reasons!) We're sending more buildup for this team as the week's push on. We can already see several nWo signs in the crowd! Highlights: The Entrance with McGillicutty playing H-Wood's air guitar and Perfect spitting out the "gum" is awesome! The nWo entrance actually looked great, as Big Poppa Pump does the Nash as normally as he would. Love how they both do the nWo-point towards Mikey in the middle! Another good patch idea while my Mr. Perfect lays helpless on the tree-of-woe on MY OWN CORNER's turnbuckle. Lame. It'd be nice to see my corner actually be able to interfere/save my guy from that instead of hopping off the apron. Come on. Abyss beat us down pretty good, but I'll never forget my first father and son tag between Curt and Joe with a nice piledriver spike on Abyss! Tears to my eyes The nWo made a huge impact, as the ref was beat down several times, allowing several chair shots and illegal moves outside. Abyss fought back, booting all of the members at different points off the apron and on the floor, but the constant barrage was just too much. After McGillicutty belly to belly slammed the flanneled assassin, Steiner came in to clean up house with some more suplexes and a finishing camel clutch. I don't think Abyss quit; he just passed out. Winners: nWo! The Joke's definitely on YOU this week, big guy.

Crimson vs. Ryan. Serving as my "Magnus" of course, Mason Ryan takes on one half of the Unified Tag Champs in the big Crimson. Highlights: Every move Crimson did to end this quickly. Winner: Crimson.

X-Division Championship Rematch: Kidd w/ Natalya vs. Aires (Champ). Last week A Double became the new X-champ and this week, he's got a new pal accompanying him to the ring, Rey Mysterio! Highlights: Great back and forth high-flying action as you would expect. Natalya was ejected and Rey threw a wounded Kidd into the ring for Aires' 450 Splash. Appears this dude can go no wrong with the cruiserweight legend in his corner! Winner and still champ: Aires.

Non-title Main Event: Jeff Hardy (TNA World Champ) vs. James Storm. Storm hasn't exactly had the momentum lately with a few interference losses to Kurt Angle and Co. in the past few weeks. However, he won the Royal Rumble, so here's a PERHAPS sneak preview at WM in less than 4 weeks as the 2 top TNA faces do it up for the fans in the Impact Zone. Cutscene: And, unsurprisingly, there's an issue with Bully Ray attacking Storm from behind, nailing Storm into the ringpost and into the ring. The awesome part? The CPU Hardy left the ring to help Storm chase Bully back down the entrance ramp! This ended up a great pure wrestling match, and just as Hardy was perhaps going for the decisive victory, another cutscene: Bobby Roode and DANIEL BRYAN (!?!!) come to the ring to attack Hardy, thus ending the match in a double DQ. Damn, Bryan's been all over the place this week!

That's all we got time for!.. we gotta go!!.. see you next week on Impact!!! *in my very best Tony Schiavone*

Also, one last patch hope/recommendation: looking ahead, I notice the SAME card for the bajillionth time in a row. I mean really, A.I., you pull out great cut scenes but can't adjust to the damn card! Maybe the patch will create more relevant matches. Wishful thinking......