Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
itchyroll_51
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
defense help 100 and I also change in game defensive setting to deny all players the ball amd play tight defense.
Appreciate the input bro, I used defensive setting heavily too but approach it slightly different from you. I got help D set at 40 and I only play deny ball on players who can shoot the 3. As for On ball D i only use play tight against those who can dribble penetrate or has a good mid range. I always use Auto for opponents PF + C.

My reasoning for this set up is because once you set Deny ball to one of your defenders they won't play help defense or go board when the other team takes a shot. On the other hand if you order for wings like Marion and batum (who has high block ratings) to play sag off D off the ball they will try really hard to block and rebound. There's no way I am sagging of ray Allen but at the same time there's no way I am going to deny the ball from Ronnie brewer.

With this kind of setting I can hold HOF sim to around 91 points a game in 12 min quarters.

Extra note:

A real important factor in winning HOF SIM is to use the shot clock. Taking early shots will just increase the amount of offensive possession the AI gets.
Advertisements - Register to remove