Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Sovartus
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Who here can beat hall of fame straight up ? And How do you do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Appreciate the input bro, I used defensive setting heavily too but approach it slightly different from you. I got help D set at 40 and I only play deny ball on players who can shoot the 3. As for On ball D i only use play tight against those who can dribble penetrate or has a good mid range. I always use Auto for opponents PF + C.

My reasoning for this set up is because once you set Deny ball to one of your defenders they won't play help defense or go board when the other team takes a shot. On the other hand if you order for wings like Marion and batum (who has high block ratings) to play sag off D off the ball they will try really hard to block and rebound. There's no way I am sagging of ray Allen but at the same time there's no way I am going to deny the ball from Ronnie brewer.

With this kind of setting I can hold HOF sim to around 91 points a game in 12 min quarters.

Extra note:

A real important factor in winning HOF SIM is to use the shot clock. Taking early shots will just increase the amount of offensive possession the AI gets.
I only got to mess with this for a little while tonight but in 2 12 minute quarters so far, it really works! I'm going to check it out more later... This may have saved the game for me this year... Love it so far man. Thanks.