View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #73
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park

I gotta go through my old stuff and see if I can find my scrapbook of "future stadium drawings" I used to do. I did one both for the Marlins and the Mets before they actually got new stadiums. I'm not super proud of my Mets one, but the Marlins one I made was both baseball and football suitable, and a retractable roof (also with a huge glass panel). I wish I still remember what it looked like, but I can't recall it being as drab as the new one.

I must admit, I don't really think I like this new stadium. Some new stadiums really don't stand out to me either (Nationals Park for instance), but there isn't really anything bad about it either. I just look at this one, and I see "wasted opportunity" written all over it. It's unfortunate.

However, at the same time, I'm also glad the Mets went with a new stadium design compared to what they proposed in the early 2000s, which would have been just as poor as this new Marlins park IMO.

By the way, nothing will ever be worse than the Trop.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60