View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
I don't understand how the additional camera angles could be pointed to as "bad". The camera work in the game is actually one of Madden 12's strong points, IMO (a few small targeting glitches notwithstanding). Each stadium feels a bit different, and the game is closer to matching a television broadcast from a visual standpoint than it has been at any previous point in the series. Critical feedback obviously is welcome, but IMO this should be praised.

Rather, any argument critical of the presentation needs to start and end with the commentary, which was historically bad in this entry of Madden and personally was my one glaring issue with the game. Players called by the wrong names, exactly one pre-game storyline for non-divisional and non-playoff games ("home field advantage"), awkward exchanges between Gus Johnson and Cris Collinsworth, and so on.

Parting note, I've had no issues with the return game in Madden. In my experience, return touchdowns are rare, but possible, as they should be.